SunGard Public Sector’s wireless technology extends the power of ONESolution Public Safety and Justice software into police cruisers across the country. Encouraging communication and improving efficiency, our mobile software helps keep officers and communities safe.
Mobile Computing (MCT) Application
Connects officers, supervisors and dispatch personal to life-saving information. MCT provides voiceless dispatch, status updates, car-to-CAD messaging, car-to-car messaging and queries. The following features provide an increased level of safety for responding units, offer instantaneous access to information about calls, and maximize resources:
- Digital Dispatch – MCT allows the unit to receive and transmit digital dispatching, car-to-car and car-to-console messaging, premises and call information. It also performs local, state and NCIC queries.
- Message Switch – Message Switch software includes a query interface from the SunGard Public Sector application to the state computer system and the FBI’s NCIC system via the state system. Additional Message Switch functions include car-to-car and car-to-console messaging and local, state and NCIC queries.
Mobile Field Reporting (MFR)
SunGard Public Sector’s Mobile Field Reporting helps officers generate, submit and revise a wide range of reports. Once completed, reports are wirelessly sent to a supervisor for review. The report can be instantly returned to the reporting officer for correction, if necessary. Once approved, the reports are wirelessly submitted to the agency’s Records Management System. The report then becomes accessible and can be searched in the agency’s RMS. Additional highlights include:
- Incident/Offense Module – Officers can enter incident reports, associated supplemental reports and perform basic IBR and UCR edit checks. Upon completion, each report is submitted for supervisor review.
- Field Review – Officers can submit reports wirelessly via the RF network for supervisor review. The supervisor can then approve the report or deny and return the report to the officer for correction. Once approved, the reports are wirelessly submitted to the agency’s RMS.
- Integrates mapping functions and automatic vehicle locator (AVL) for geographic analysis and visual reference
- Supports devices that automatically obtain pertinent information from a driver’s license and speech synthesis technology for hands-free communication
- Provides extensive report modules, including accident, arrest, field contact, incident, canine, parking tickets, racial profile, traffic and summons/citation
- Generates skeleton incident reports to save on manual entry time
- Increases officer safety and citizen safety
- Maximizes resource efficiencies and increases productivity
- Increases officers’ visibility in the community
- Automates time-consuming tasks
- Improves report quality and accuracy
- Eliminates redundant data in the RMS database